2020 has been quite a year, and we are looking to the future with hopeful eyes that 2021 will bring nothing but good things! As this year comes to a close, we want to take a moment to look back and remember some of the things we are grateful for amongst the all of the chaos…Spending more time with family, enjoying a slower-paced lifestyle, no traffic, and connecting virtually with family & friends, to name a few. Even though this has been one of the hardest years, there have been some silver linings that we plan to cherish for years to come.
For the New Year, keeping resolutions will be difficult since the world is not completely back to normal just yet. But, we have come up with 5 simple New Years Resolutions that are going to be easy to stick to!
- Listen to More Music: We may be biased as musicians…but, there are so many articles that have proven that listening to music improves your overall mood and helps to lower stress. While commuting to and from work/school, throw on your headphones or turn on your car radio and listen to your favorite tunes OR discover new music.
- Cook More at Home: Many people throughout quarantine have discovered a new-found love for cooking and baking, including us! Our Center Stage family have compiled some of their favorite easy and delicious recipes that will help you to cook more at home! Check it out HERE!
- Take a Screen Time-Out: Everyone seems to be glued to their phone, tablet, or computer, especially this year since working and learning remote is the new norm. So much so, that we forget to look up and admire the world around us. This year, make it a point to disconnect from the online world and spend some time (try just 1 hour a week) without ANY electronic devices.
- Work in Some Light Exercise: Although this may be difficult to achieve since many gyms are not operating the way they used to, there are still plenty of opportunities to get in some light exercise…Try: parking farther away from a store and taking the extra walk, using the stairs instead of the elevator, taking a nightly walk as a family, walking to the mailbox instead of driving, or just dancing in your bedroom!
- Connect More With Friends & Family: Nowadays, it is so easy to connect virtually with your loved ones from all over the world. They are always just a call, text or FaceTime away! Take time to reach out, even if it is just a simple good morning text.
Happy New Year from all of us at Center Stage!